Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thank you.

I know that my thoughts and emotions have been in a constant ADD phase and I apologize. I also am sorry if I have randomly stopped you for a hug or a tissue and you were on the move/ on the way to a final exam.

I just really want to express my gratitude. So many of you went out of your way to get to know me and help me. This year has been extremely difficult - not simply in "the adjusting to college" bit, but academically, physically, emotionally difficult. 

You served me when I couldn't serve you:

When I was sick, numerous people would run for tylenol. People would sacrifice their time to assist me in my healing... and still do on my "weak days".
I even remember throwing up in someone's car... But no one yelled at me, or freaked out... they just helped me back into bed and waited for me to fall asleep.  

When I cried, people knew what to say, gave me hugs, distracted me from what bothered me. 

I would bombard people with questions and "hypothetical situations" at the most inconvenient time, yet you opened your hearts and answered me... even if it took 3 hours of your day when you could be studying.

I remember 2-D projects in the Carpenter lobby ... half of our bible study stayed in that lobby until I finished. People got me caffine and made me laugh until I cried. Staying up until 3 or 4 am with you guys isn't hard at all! :) In fact, I really enjoy spending time with you - no matter what time of day or night it is.

Now, having proved how much you loved me in the way you have served me, I have to thank you. You have become a huge part of my heart. I don't know if I could have made it through this year with out you!!! I MEAN THAT! I couldn't have done anything with out you. 

Thank you for simply being there. 

*Round of applause*
Thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment