Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MISSION WEEK

For those of you going on the mission trips, I wish you the best of luck. For the rest of you, keep praying and keep sharing. I thank God that there is a group of us trying to share the good news in the Chicago Area. I have been reading a lot about sharing and the limitations of a human mind... I think that while sharing, some of these verses could help!

John 5:24

It is urgent that you listen carefully to this: Anyone here who believes what I am saying right now and aligns himself with the Father... has at this very moment the real, lasting life and is no longer condemned to be an outsider. This person has taken a giant step from the world of the dead to the world of the living.

I am alive in Christ Jesus. A lot in my head is based on giant lies - those lies that make up my past are preventing me from sharing the Good News. Keep in mind that sharing the word is a positive, not a negative, and will not hurt anyone. It may provoke interesting discussions, and help you grow in your identity with Christ - as well as plant a seed in another life.

1 Peter 3:15

Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.

It's about being real, being genuine, and being you. Yikes! Harder than it sounds - I know.

John 14:6

"Jesus answered ' I am the way and the truth and the life. No on comes to the Father except through me' "

He gave us free will to live as we please... Because God wanted real love from us, he had to give us the ability to choose.

1 Corinthians 2:11

For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

Ecclesiates 11:5

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in the mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the maker of all things.

God fully understands pain... and all other emotions.

Joshua 1:5

I will always be with you and help you

I am so serious about reaching the people of this world with the message of Jesus.

I pray that:
God gives me the opportunity
God gives me the boldness
God gives me the words

I'm reading about how to TALK TO A FRIEND ABOUT JESUS right now

1. your story
- who God is to you
- what you believe about God
- what God did for you 
- HOW GOD CHANGED YOU... (hint hint - important part)

2. Ask questions like:
- Do you believe in God
- What do you believe about God
- What confuses you most about God

3. Ask them the most important questions:
- Do you know what it means to ask God into your life?
-Do you want to ask him into your life now?

4. SHARE!!!

John 3:16

God loved his people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die.

the point: God loved YOU enough to let HIS SON DIE for YOU. Even though you're NOT PERFECT, he SACRIFICED HIS SON in YOUR PLACE so you could still spend eternity with Him. Talk about some serious love ...

Romans 3:23

All of us have sinned and fallen short of God's glory

Romans 6:23

Sin pays off with death. But God's gift is eternal life given by Jesus Christ our Lord

the point: We're all sinners, and all of us need God's help to get to heaven. Because we are all sinners, we don't deserve to go to heaven. But Jesus died in our place and came back to life. He now offers us the gift of eternal life rather than death. 

Romans 5:8

But God showed us how much he loved us by having Christ die for us, even though we are sinful.

the point: You are so loved by God that he let his son die, so you wouldn't have to spend eternity in hell separated from God. I can't emphasize it enough... HIS SON! HE LET HIS SON DIE!... I don't know any current situations where someone who loved me let HIS SON DIE FOR ME... EXCEPT GOD! Wow. And I mean...

WOW!!!

Romans 10:9-10

So you will be saved, if you honestly say that 'Jesus is Lord' and if you believe with all your heart that God was raised from death. God will accept you and save you if you truly believe this and tell it to others.

the point: If you believe that Jesus died for you and came back to life and you ask him to save you, he will. 

I know for fact he will. He saved me. He is prince of peace. He rescued my heart. I may be afraid but God takes away those fears and replaces them with overflowing joy. 

I hope I get the chance to spread the light over this Spring Break as well. For all of you going overseas, Thank you. Praise God!

1 comment: