Sunday, March 29, 2009

I am an artist... not just a christian

I made this blog to prove a point, and lost sight of the end result. I found a love and importance in my religion that I didn't know existed. I found people with similar values and a dedication that only a few friends from prior years have shown me. I found a lot of things that I didn't know exist. And though I found that prayer and these new-found ways make me happy, I was still missing something. I gained so much ... that I can't deny if I tried ... so I wont. I love God. That won't change, but the definition of myself has... and will.

I am an artist... not just a christian. 

I don't spend my days wondering how a person would sacrifice themselves for the good of mankind when people sacrifice themselves everyday for me. People solve problems for me ... and sometimes I don't even realize there is a problem because it is so much bigger than me... than us! And I'm not talking about Jesus... I'm talking about life itself!

I don't spend my days contemplating how the bible is true, because I know it is true. Even though I have questions and can be baffled -  I ask my questions, accept the answers and move on. It is history that I can't dwell on... not just my history, but the history of this world. I wont sit in my confusion or my questions... there is so much more that God gave us. Yes, we are clean of sin because of Jesus and that is great! GREAT beyond belief! But I'm not going to live wondering why God gave his only son... 

Families are giving their only sons everyday for you and me. For peace. For sanity. For hope of a better life. Jesus died with similar things in mind. 

I am an artist who has lost friends in war... has family fight in war... loved ones in war. Jesus died in war just as men are dying today. So yes, thank God ... Thank Jesus... but thank your friends fighting for you. 

This girl who writes to you... was lost because all her focus was on Jesus! My focus isn't meant to only be on Jesus. I keep him in my heart, but I have to keep my family... and most importantly myself in my heart... its not just about you or me though - is it?
 
I am an artist. It is who I am and how I see this world and the one to follow. Art and music define my being in abstract contradictions that others ignore or fail to see at all. My world is always full of new adventures and know that not every story has a happy ending. Sometimes happiness is about the little things life throws at you and how you use those things to strengthen your soul and heart... not just your mind. Inspiration comes from within no one but yourself. 

Be true to yourself and life will bring joy to your canvas.

Live in one thought - and you will live shades of gray for many years... and you may look around and be so incredibly stuck in that one gray vile moment of your life...

I won't be sitting next to you. My colors are clear and vibrant... and not contained by anyone. 
I am not only a christian... 

I am an artist. 
I define myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment