Monday, February 9, 2009

Define: Sorry

I know from experience that anger is something that you can easily cling to. I don't recommend it, but anger sticks if we want it to or not. Things in life happen that are out of our control. Though these situations can be frustrating and hard to recover from, they will always be there. 

When confiding in another person, I don't like to hear that they are sorry. What did you do wrong? None of this is your fault... it is out of both of our hands. Sometimes crappy things just happen. 

Again I have a definition:

Sorry - feeling or expressing pity, sympathy, grief, or regret

All of those words are TERRIBLE! I don't want people to pity me or tell me they grieve for me. I want ears to listen, an intelligent being to give advice, and then ... move on. Personally, I would rather learn from a mistake than mope and hope it disappears by morning. 

If something is not your fault, and you tell me that you are sorry, I will correct you. 

You did nothing wrong. 

This time, its all on me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment