Monday, February 9, 2009

Women Have Curves!

All this shopping, planning events, and having spring rush upon us can be really tiring. I have been watching girls panic about the way they look and what they wear all weekend. What magazines don't tell us is that people are NOT supposed to look like the mannequins. We are all sized differently, and built differently. And differences are things to be respected and loved. 

You are not fat.
You are not ugly.
You are not a walking disaster. 

All you are doing is lowering your self-esteem and confidence levels. Don't blame people for the way you were made. You are unique. You have your own style. Your opinions, ideas, and your wants... THEY MATTER! 

For example, my sister despises polka-dots, but right now I am going through a phase where I think polka-dots are really fun! The other day I found two adorable polka-dot dresses that make me feel really good about myself when I look in the mirror. I don't worry about what my sister thinks, I wear what makes me comfortable and happy. 

I'm not suggesting you go on a huge shopping spree, but Wet Seal, Delias, and Forever 21 are having some incredible sales on those bright colored shirts! Scarfs are also a totally fun new trend I would recommend taking part in. 

Find an outfit that makes you feel good about yourself. 

Compliments are great, but -

for people to love you, you must love yourself first. 

You are projecting an image of yourself to the world every time you step outside your apartment. If you feel disgusting, don't just put on a sweatshirt and mope; Put on a nice outfit. I find the worse I feel, the nicer I need to dress. That outfit can boost your self-esteem, and push aside that nasty feeling you had when you woke up. You may think this is a bunch of rubbish, but pushing yourself to dress in a more proper attire helps!

Also, just because you have curves doesn't mean you need to diet, work out until you cry, or both. Exercise is good, but do it for you... not for society and their need for perfection. If you want to be a healthy person, go workout... but please don't over do it. Work out for 30 minutes a day. Keep in mind, working out wont take away your curves entirely. (I would know. )

It's not a disease.
It's not a problem.
It's not a reason to be alone.
It's not justification to hate yourself. 

There is nothing to be ashamed of. You are who you are. You can still have a great social life, do what you love, and be an amazing individual. 

Weight, size, shape - has nothing to do with it. 

Every person I have ever met could be in a magazine if they had the right photographer, but don't waste your money.

Take your own picture. :)

4 comments:

  1. One thing I think would make this blog even sweeter is if you would post links. For instance, you mention the sweet deals at Forever 21, Delias and Wet Seal. Why don't you post links to some items you think are cute or items that you bought? It'd be a nice addition. But if that's not what you're going for, that's cool. Good blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT WOULD'VE BEEN A WONDERFUL IDEA! If you want links, I can fb the ones from this blog to you? I will keep this in mind for future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rae, that is soo sweet, well, i think so coming from a girl. Isn't it great that no matter what we look like, no matter what we wear, God thinks we are beautiful and we will live with him in his kingdom forever no matter our dress size! love it, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think God is amazing, but I want people to see that there is more to life than what you look like. And that may sound insane coming from me, but Its so incredibly true.

    ReplyDelete