Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Stay or Go? A small sacrifice...

I thought it was hard to pick up and just move away from home. It is still is hard to think about my family. I get homesick easily. But I know that in comparison to what I gave up in dear old Illinois, God gave so much more. He gave his one and only son's life for mine. I have to honor that. God has given me so much to love in this life... He gave me life. 

God wants me not to just love my family, but reach out to new people - and love them as well. 

" If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors can do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect"
(Matthew 5:46 - 48)

I am here to share the love I have in my heart. Even though it hurts to be away from my family, I must stay. I am supposed to share my light like the sun...

And oh - yes, three sunny days in a row. I've been praying for it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment