Sunday, February 22, 2009

This commitment is more than 4 feet deep - I have questions

Though the baptism pool was only around 3-4 feet deep, my commitment is deeper than that. It is deeper than the friendships I have with those whoI want to make clear that this commitment is for life. And what I love most, is I don't need anyone's approval. I did it for God, no one else. 

He has made my heart clean. He has opened my eyes to things unseen. And I am learning to love like he did. (Can you tell I have been listening to Hillsong?  b/c I have *laugh* )

As for my questions... I was re-reading some of Matthew and found confusion. HELP!

Matthew 7 : 6
"Don't waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don't throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you"

I thought we were supposed to share the Truth with people. I think it is saying to be careful with the Word of God, but I'm not sure how else to interpret this. Could you please comment and let me know - or heck, if you run into me after reading this, just tell me what you are thinking. I am so confused by this verse.

Then I read something I really loved only one line later.

Matthew 7: 7-8

"Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. for everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."

I know the door has been opened to me. And I love what I am finding and learning -
I am seeing with new eyes, listening with new ears, and have a clean heart - full of love to give. 

How wonderful is our Lord?!

1 comment: